Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- LLB & Admitted attorney
- Commercially minded and experience in similar role and organisation
- Construction Law experience
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of industry-specific and general commercial contracts between the different parties involved in a project
- Acting for a variety of clients including builders, property developers, architects, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, landowners and more
- Working closely with legal professionals of other disciplines including finance, property and regulatory to ensure due diligence is carried out, funding is secured etc
- Liaising and negotiating with civil authorities to obtain planning permission and building approvals
- Guiding clients through various forms of dispute resolution, up to and including litigation, when contracts are breached, payments are not made, injuries sustained, and other issues arise around the project
- Advising on the procurement of resources and materials
- Advising on health and safety, insurance, liability and environmental matters relating to each project
- Visiting construction sites and meeting with stakeholders periodically to monitor progress and get ahead of any future issues that may arise
- Great opportunity to grow and be part of a global organisation and the forefront of changing the way we do law
- Exposure to cutting edge technology
- Great salary and career growth
- Thank you for your interest in the Exigent group. Please be aware that if you have not received contact within 2 weeks of applying you have been unsuccessful. We encourage you to continue applying for roles you feel matches your experience and qualifications.
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Exigent South Africa
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be short listed.
If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!