Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our data science team on projects introducing new data pipelines and ETLs
- You’ll have the opportunity to incrementally enhance, optimize and maintain our data lake as well as our AWS Redshift clusters
- Use your passion in data engineering to innovate our data solutions and how to expose that data to the business
- You’ll apply new concepts regularly introduced within our engineering and product teams and apply these in data engineering
Required Knowledge and Experience
Luno South Africa pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Luno South Africa has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
Luno South Africa therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- A relevant bachelors degree
- Prior (2+ years) of experience as a software engineer
- Proven track record of refactoring and performance tuning databases systems and queries
- Worked on ETL, data pipelines and SQL
- Experience with AWS Data related services
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Luno South Africa
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be short listed.
If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!