Mount Nelson Hotel is looking for a Debtors Clerk to join the team!
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Allocate payments received to correct guest account and ensure that all receipts are posted.
- To ensure the adherence of Standard Accounting procedures in all the accounting operations.
- Chair the credit review meetings and decide on action taken to recover outstanding debt.
- Ensure compliance with various statutory requirements & manage cash flow.
- Assisting with external and internal audit debtors’ queries.
- Inform & advise the departmental heads (Sales, F&B etc) on the debt positions of various accounts / guests.
- Maintain regular contact with all the corporate accounts and other debtors.
- Processing of deposits received in the bank statement.
- Investigate all credit requests, determine their credit worthiness and assign credit limits.
- Sending out Statements as well as ad hoc invoices on a monthly and daily basis respectively.
- Loading of money due on on-line travel agent websites. (Hotel Beds).
- Ensure that all folios transferred to city ledger have been checked and correctly transferred.
- Review conference and banquet daily to ensure that credit approvals are being sought and deposits being taken according to policy.
- Ensure that debtors aging is maintained at acceptable levels.
- Review of entries processed to accounts on a detailed level.
- Monitor the timely preparation of receivable statements, income and expenditure statements etc. (in conjunction with Credit Manager).
- Maintain an unallocated deposit listing for debtors and ensure that deposits are allocated correctly.
- Reviewing of daily cash entries.
- Assist with month end entries (in conjunction with Assistant Financial Controller).
Required Knowledge and Experience
Belmond South Africa pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Belmond South Africa has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
Belmond South Africa therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Experience within a hotel environment or similar is preferable
- 2-3 years relevant debtors experience
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Computer literate in MS Excel, MS Word and Gmail
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Belmond South Africa
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be short listed.
If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!