Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has exciting opportunities in our Fleet department. We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Fleet Controller, which is based in Polokwane. The successful candidate will report directly to the Fleet Manager.
The key purpose of the role is to manage the company’s fleet (material handling equipment) functions, workshops and contractors to comply with the CCBSA’s Transport and Safety regulations and relevant legislation so that all services related to transport and equipment can be maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Manage and coordinate work of artisans on the floor directly
- Ensure quality control carried out
- Applies company legislative requirements
- Manage the fleet administration function for the site
- Maintains Fleet Master Data for appropriate sites
- Develops service and COR (Certificate of Roadworthiness) schedules as per required standards and distributes appropriately, ensures that schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain and update service schedule board in the workshop daily
- Ensures all vehicles have valid licensing and are roadworthy according to AARTO/Legislation standards
- ODO and Hrs operated recorded weekly for all equipment and report distributed to Fleet Logistics controller and Distribution/Warehouse as required
- Breakdowns analyzed and appropriate action taken
- Afterhours and weekend standby rosters generated, communicated and monitored
- Key performance indicators of staff updated monthly
- Filing System – Vehicle files and service records maintained fully
- Ensure administrative functions as per fleet clerk job description executed
- Ensure Fleet Department goals are executed and achieved.
- Month end fuel control – daily and monthly fuel controls overseen
- Maintenance Contracts managed, orders placed and paid
- Oversees Vehicle tracking requirements and activation through appropriate department
- Standard bank Fleet management control – runs reports, analyses and distributes
- Fleet to pull complete R114 for all Vehicles report for depot on a monthly basis
- Manage cell phone costs and standby vehicles expenditure.
- Ensure that monthly toolbox inspection takes place.
Skills, Experience & Education
Key Attributes and Competencies
- Well-developed clerical skills, with attention to detail.
- Well-developed facilitation and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise.
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to analyze and identify root causes and solutions.
- A fast learner of detailed business processes
- High Level Energies
- Good self-management skills
- Good understanding of Fleet maintenance & control
Required Knowledge and Experience
Coca-cola Beverages South Africa pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Coca-cola Beverages South Africa has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
Coca-cola Beverages South Africa therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Qualified petrol or diesel mechanic and 5 years relevant mechanical
- 3 years’ workshop management experience
- Advanced PC skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SAP, and SAPHR.)
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Coca-cola Beverages South Africa
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be short listed.
If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!