To create and maintain a Privacy Program that should no longer be seen as a regulatory compliance framework, it should be seen as a core value for a business to have control over its data and to be able to leverage the data, while ensuring compliance to local and international laws.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement compliance strategies in close cooperation with Engineering and Legal teams.
- Ensure up to date data mapping (data inventory) and legitimate cross-border data transfers
- Ensure third parties management through DPAs
- Coordinate notification efforts
- Review and validate new releases of platforms before roll-out in the Europe and Africa regions
- Conduct data privacy impact assessments (DPIA)
- Draft internal policies and guidelines
- Draft and conduct data protection trainings to enhance a data privacy friendly company culture
- Manage DSR requests
- Data Privacy work in the technical internet/mobile product-driven environment in the video entertainment industry.
- Define and fully implement CV GDPR/POPIA roadmap, partnering with relevant counterparts to ensure that strong privacy-by-design processes are built into our online video streaming services, worldwide.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Excellent knowledge of Data Protection Law (POPIA, GDPR, ePrivacy), knowledge of media/SVOD legislation is an advantage
- IAPP and ISACA certification is an advantage
- A Post Graduate Qualification would be advantageous
- Experience as an in-house Privacy Counsel, Privacy Manager or Compliance Manager of at least 2 years, preferably with large technological international operating company
- 5-8 years’ working experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lobby for change
- Independent, responsible approach to work and willingness to find solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is mandatory
- Critical and strategic thinking, open mind, communication skills and project management
Mode of Application
How to apply: MultiChoice Group South Africa
All applicants who meet the above criteria will be required to undergo job related assessments to establish suitability for placement, this includes a verification of qualifications.
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be short listed.
If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!